BID PACKAGES 01A & 01B - BID FINAL
The Bid Package includes secure entry work at Earl Watson, New Chelsea, KCK Early Childhood Center, and North Central Office Early Childhood Center. Electrical upgrades at New Chelsea. MEP upgrades at Schlagle, JC Harmon, and Sumner Academy.
- Drawings (7 sets)
- Hard copy printing is responsibility of bidder
- Documents also available for review at JE Dunn Construction Plan Room – 1001 Locust St., Kansas City, MO 64106
Instructions to Bidders:
Bid Date – Tuesday March 21, 2017 at 10:00am
Bid Proposal Form – Section 00 41 23 (include signed scope of work with bid form)
Bid Delivery – Please direct all bids to Cherie Caughern
Must be in sealed envelope; Can be emailed with the exception of the following scopes:
- Carpentry, Doors, frames, and hardware
- Drywall & Acoustical Ceilings
Addenda – Addendum No. 1 – 03/09/2017 – included scopes of work. Addendum No. 2 - 03/16/2017 - added items to scopes of work and revised issued revised drawings. Addendum No. 3 - 03/20/2017 - added language to Bid Form
Substitutions – All Substitutions must be pre-approved to be included in your bid.
Prequalification in Subcontractor Management System (SMS) located at http://sms.jedunn.com
This is a tax-exempt Project.
Bid Bonds – Not required at this time
Insurance – JE Dunn will be providing GL for onsite workers per the included insurance plan. Please review prior to bidding.
Safety – JE Dunn’s Safety Manual has been included in the Front End for review.
USD 500 is in the process of setting participation targets for the bond projects. It is requested that Bidders actively solicit minority contractors, suppliers and their organization.
Scopes of Work
- 04A – Masonry
- 06A – Carpentry
- 07H – Fireproofing and Containment
- 07I – Joint Sealants/Firestopping
- 08A – Doors, Frames, and Hardware
- 08G – Glass and Glazing
- 09A – Drywall and Acoustical Ceiling Panels
- 09B – Painting and Wall Coverings
- 09H – Resilient Flooring and Carpet
- 10G – Signage Supply and Install
- 22A – Plumbing
- 23A – Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- 26A – Electrical
Project Schedule will be issued via Addendum
- Chelsea – starting in May on 2nd shift, to be complete before school starts in August
- Rest of Projects – June-July schedule. Will look to stagger some work.
Building Availability for Walk Throughs:
Immediately following the Pre-Bid Meeting March 10, 2017:
- 10:00 – FL Schlagle
- 10:45 – Earl Watson
- 12:00 – Sumner Academy
- 1:00 – Chelsea Elementary
- 1:45 – Harmon
Open Walk Through March 14
- 8:00-9:00 – KCK Early Education Center
- 9:00-10:00 – North Central Office
- 10:00-12:00 – Earl Watson
- 12:00-3:00 – New Chelsea
Open Walk Through March 15
- 8:00-9:30 – Harmon High School
- 9:30-11:00 – Sumner
- 12:00-1:30 – Schlagle